Want to become a successful content writer, or about to start your own blog, but worried about hiring a proofreader? Well, no more. No need to spend thousands of money on editors and proofreaders when you can get one easily on your mobiles or laptops without any cost. With the growing time and advancement in technology with everything available just at the click of a button, why wander around for getting your mistakes corrected.
Best Grammar Checker Online
I highly recommend you to use the following grammar checker tools for grammar checking activity in your day to day life.
One of the highly ranked and used grammar checker software, Grammarly is the best writing enhancement tool to improve your English language. It is an online proofreader available on Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge and Firefox. It is also compatible with Android phones to provide its services to the users.
- It helps in checking content and highlights the portions which seem to be plagiarised or unneeded.
- It detects every mistaken spelling, corrects it and also provides the synonyms if required.
- Grammarly provides suggestions about the readability score, length of the sentence to provide a good insight into the content being generated.
- It checks and corrects the grammar and punctuations of the article with 100% accuracy.
Grammarly is available in two versions- Free and Premium. The Premium or the paid version involves the following pricing:
- The monthly subscription costs $29.95
- Quarterly subscription costs $19.98
- Taking annual subscription costs $11.66 per month
- Grammarly helps its users by adapting the writing style and tone according to the needs of the content.
- It corrects the mistakes the very moment the word is typed and provides a suitable explanation to it.
- The paid version is quite expensive as compared to its competitors.
- The emotion and personal tone attached to an article by an editor has no match to a software.
Ginger is another easy to use grammar checker software which helps to remove errors from the content. It has a user-friendly interface which makes it easily accessible. Unlike other software, it automatically boldens the topics and subtopics depending upon the content.
- Ginger can translate the content provided into around 60+ languages.
- Apart from normal explanations to the mistakes, it also provides video tutorials for a better understanding.
- It identifies and corrects the grammatical errors with maximum accuracy.
- It substitutes the frequently used words into their synonyms.
Ginger is available in two versions- Free and Premium. The Premium or the paid version involves the following pricing:
- The monthly subscription costs $29.96
- Quarterly subscription costs $19.98
- Taking an annual subscription costs $12.48 per month
- Availability of videos leads to better understanding of the mistakes
- The services it provides such as translation and auto spell-checks are beneficial
- The paid version of the software detects more errors than its free one.
- Accuracy of correction depends upon the format of the document uploaded.
Whitesmoke is one of the cheapest proofreading software with its recent interface update in 2018. It uses a language processor to correct mistakes accurately.
- Whether it be a punctuation error or a spelling error, Whitesmoke detects and corrects everything.
- Whitesmoke offers various templates to its users depending upon the type of content which is processed.
- It also includes a dictionary that helps in understanding mistakes and adding synonyms to the content.
- Whitesmoke helps in improving the structure of the sentences by identifying errors in the sentence and correcting them making them more clear.
- Whitesmoke involves three pricing options which are:
- Whitesmoke Essential costs $5 per month
- Whitesmoke Premium costs $6.66 per month
- Whitesmoke Business costs $11.50 per month
- Whitesmoke carefully analyzes texts and then provides the best solutions and alternatives.
- Whitesmoke templates save the time of formatting the documents.
- It is not available in a free version for trial.
- Its translator translates the content into many languages, but only converts the sentence verbatim making it less useful.
Not just improving the grammar but also enhancing the writing style of the users while writing the content is the main objective of this software. It has a distraction-free and easily accessible layout for its users.
- It has a colour coded writing problem which highlights the different mistakes in different colours.
- To enhance the readability of the content, it highlights and corrects the complex sentences.
- Unlike other applications, it does not require any internet connection.
- It helps in improving the writing style of the user by providing updates and formatting structures.
- The application is available at a free of cost, but it can be downloaded at a cost of $19.99 for Windows or Mac.
- Provides the readability score which helps in detecting the clarity of the content.
- It’s usage does not involve any internet connection which makes it accessible anytime and anywhere.
- Does Not include much features like other grammar checker applications.
- It does not proofread texts.
5. AFTER THE DEADLINE
After the Deadline is an ideal application for bloggers while writing their blog posts. It helps in finding errors in the article and also provides smart suggestions for it to be corrected.
- It highlights the incorrect words and corrects them.
- The app includes a built-in spell checker tool.
- It offers proofreading options for a variety of writing style
- It is a grammar checker application readily available on Google Chrome and Firefox.
- After the Deadline is a completely free application easily accessible to its users.
- It corrects the grammatical errors of the content for free.
- It helps the bloggers in identifying cliches
- It does not provide many facilities for editing
- Not recommendable for business purposes
6. LANGUAGE TOOL
This is an amazing multilingual application which detects and corrects the grammatical errors in the content. It is easily available on Google Chrome, LibreOffice and Firefox.
- Instrumental in correcting more than 2500 errors
- Corrects grammar in multiple languages such as English, German , Russian.
- The Language Tool allows to create a personal dictionary of nouns to its users.
- It provides a number of patterns to find errors
The Language Tool involves a free version with a limited capacity of correcting errors in a word span of 20,000 characters. The paid version costs $4.92 per month with a 40,000 characters limit per check.
- It is apt for multilingual authors
- Finds and corrects the grammar mistakes accurately
- It has a limited capacity of correction for both free and paid versions
- It does not provide an option to alter or edit the writing style of the content.
This is an online grammar checker tool which analyzes the writing to eliminate inconsistencies or incorrect words. This software acts as a virtual tutor in editing and correcting the content.
- It helps in identifying the sentence length and readability of the article.
- The software highlights the overused or incorrect words.
- The content can be edited by simply copy-pasting it on the software or uploading the document.
- It readily identifies vague, abstract words, complex words and plagiarism.
The pricing of the application costs:
- $70 for 1 year plan
- $100 for 2 years plan
- $140 for 3 years plan
- $240 for lifetime plan
- It is an affordable software with the provision of a lot of benefits
- It is an apt software for fiction and non-fiction writers
- The interface of this software is a bit difficult to use.
- The mobile version of the software isn’t available.
Specially designed for non-native English speakers, Spell Check Plus is a useful grammar checker. It is a decent online editor tool.
- It is an online writing tutor which corrects the grammatical errors.
- It has the facility of pasting up to 2000 characters at a time.
- Spell Check Plus scans complicated language and repetitive words
- It provides proper explanations to the erroneous words.
- Spell Check Plus is available in a free version and a paid version costing $14.99 for an year’s agreement.
- Apt for users with no English language background
- Works as a personal guide and online tutor to rectify mistakes
- Works properly only with a secured internet connection
- It doesn’t offer a detailed examination of the mistakes.
9. PAPER RATER
This is one of the online spell-checkers that offers grammar checker services for free. It has gained the trust of around 10 billion users.
- It provides a readability score to its users to ensure clarity of the content.
- The software enhances the vocabulary of the users by providing them synonyms.
- It provides feedback and corrects the mistakes along the way.
- It helps in detecting plagiarism
- It provides a free package of 50 submissions per month. It costs $14.95 for a Premium Plan with 200 submissions per month.
- It is very useful for bloggers, writers and students.
- It corrects the errors in just a few seconds
- It does not integrate with any other platform
- It has limited capacity for both the versions
Scribens is a free online spelling and grammar checker. It supports English and French languages and is great for helping in the enhancement of the content.
- It provides the opportunity of exploring definitions and conjugations
- It automatically removes repetitive and redundant words
- For each incorrect word or sentence, the software provides a detailed explanation
- Scribens also provides in-depth statistics about the word count and readability score of the content.
- It is a completely free software easily accessible to the users.
- It integrates with a lot of other platforms such as MS Office, LibreOffice, Yahoo and Chrome.
- By carefully analyzing the syntax and sentence structures, it helps in improving the writing skills.
- There is an absence of plagiarism checker
- No feature of a translator or multilingual characteristic is included
Even a highly experienced content writer needs a proofreader. Today, there is a lot of grammar checker software available which provide high-quality services to ease our work. Good grammar and a well-written article is the main priority of writers. Whether you write a blog, article or simply a school assignment, having an error-free content with least spelling and grammar mistakes is a must. The above-mentioned tools not just help in providing a well-crafted content with a proper sentence structure and style, but also get the editing work done in much lesser time.